POSSE is an abbreviation for Publish (on your) Own Site, Syndicate Elsewhere, a content publishing model that starts with posting content on your own domain first, then syndicating out copies to 3rd party services with permashortlinks back to the original on your site.
At the moment I semi-automatically crosspost to dev.to (because my RSS isn’t full articles, as well I need to add tags and cover image).
What I want?
I want fully automated posting to 3-rd party platforms (from CI server). Bonus points: if it will update articles when I edit original posts.
What would you use to do this?
Where do I want to crosspost?
- dev.to (for sure)
- Medium (various Medium communities)
- Hacker News
- Reddit (maybe, I don’t use it)
- Lobsters (maybe, I have no account)
- hashnode (saw it recently, have no idea what is it)
Where would you crosspost?
In case you wonder why:
- platforms can delete your posts, for example, Tumblr incident
- one platform can block another platform, for example, Reddit shadow bans dev.to
- paywalls, for example, Medium place articles behind the paywall
- your posts can be blocked for geo-political reasons