POSSE is an abbreviation for Publish (on your) Own Site, Syndicate Elsewhere, a content publishing model that starts with posting content on your own domain first, then syndicating out copies to 3rd party services with permashortlinks back to the original on your site.
I use Hugo to generate the blog, store source in github, host it with netlify.
At the moment I semi-automatically crosspost to dev.to (because my RSS isn’t full articles, as well I need to add tags and cover image).
What I want?
I want fully automated posting to 3-rd party platforms (from CI server). Bonus points: if it will update articles when I edit original posts.
What would you use to do this?
Where do I want to crosspost?
- dev.to (for sure)
- Medium (various Medium communities)
- Hacker News
- Reddit (maybe, I don’t use it)
- Lobsters (maybe, I have no account)
- hashnode (saw it recently, have no idea what is it)
Where would you crosspost?
In case you wonder why:
- platforms can delete your posts, for example, Tumblr incident
- one platform can block another platform, for example, Reddit shadow bans dev.to
- paywalls, for example, Medium place articles behind the paywall
- your posts can be blocked for geo-political reasons